Digital Marketing Consultant
Download a PDF copy of the Digital Marketing Consultant job description
Deliver a high-quality digital marketing strategy that provides engaging content and valuable information at the right time, and achieves marketing and business objectives across all digital marketing channels.
- Plan, design, deliver and review all group public websites, working with the wider team to align to creative, performance and brand marketing objectives, ensuring they deliver engaging platforms, timely content and support changing search engine algorithms.
- Head all email marketing communications to drive engagement and conversions from initial scoping to delivery, including templates, content, approval, software integration, personalisation and data, to a wide range of audiences.
- Drive the development, innovation and adoption of the member portal to provide a secure platform to support corporate business objectives with current members, as well as support the value proposition.
- Plan, design, deliver and maintain a new solution for the internal intranet in line with corporate business objectives as well as departmental objectives including marketing and human resources.
- Deliver effective digital advertising and lead generation solutions to agreed targets, deadlines and budgets, working closely with the performance marketing consultant.
- Produce and utilise data intelligently, to manage, segment and identify qualified leads effectively and efficiently.
- Implement `MI and analytics in all activities to identify return on investment, best practice and risks whilst identifying trends, behaviours and opportunities.
- Design and deliver a cohesive approach to search engine optimisation and keyword strategy including the implementation of content marketing tactics and blogging platforms across wordpress sites.
- Align all digital marketing to sales and retention funnels to support team and corporate objectives.
- Champion social media accounts ensuring a constant flow of efficient and effective content that engages all audiences, and aligns to wider marketing objectives.
- Align to and manage the approvals process, as well as alignment to any other applicable processes for all work undertaken.
- In line with the risk register, take ownership for identifying and managing risks that affect the role, and develop mitigation plans.
- To undertake any additional adhoc duties, as well as support the wider team when necessary in order to support the business in achieving its overall objectives. Due to the nature of deadlines within the team, this will require work outside of standard hours on an adhoc basis.
Key Result Areas
- Clear digital sales funnel successfully converting new business and engaging the audience
- Overhaul of digital marketing channels to clearly deliver brand and value proposition
- Controlled approach to email marketing to all audiences that achieve target open and click rates
- Industry recognised social media presence that is reactive, proactive and engaging
- Increased footfall to online platforms and increasing conversions in line with objectives
- Development of a database of prospect and other valuable data to drive business growth from digital channels
|Innovation and Creative Thinking||3|
|Adding Customer Value and Continuous Development||2|
|Developing and Enabling Others||2|
|Teamwork and collaboration||2|
The following criteria will be used in the selection for this post. You may not have all these attributes or you may have weaker skills and evidence in some areas with strengths in others. The selection decision will be based on the requirements of the job and how well your particular skills, knowledge and approach enable you to take and succeed in the role. You should have most or all of the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Stakeholder management and relationship development
- Time management, planning and prioritising
- Project management
- Copywriting and proofing skills
- Problem solving
- Computer literate
- Website design and wordpress
- User experience and customer journey mapping
- Compelling content creation to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of financial service products and market relationships
- Broad awareness of regulation within the financial services industry, specifically marketing regulations
- Communication methods and techniques
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, SEO, keyword strategies and PPC
- Understanding of sales funnel processes and application
- Success in previous digital marketing role
- Substantial and demonstrable business experience in a role within a financial services environment
- Management of vast portfolio of customer types within a complex business
- Good level of general education (GCSE’s or equivalent) – essential
- CIM Digital Marketing or other marketing qualification level 6, equivalent degree or experience – essential
The following vetting procedure will be carried out when recruiting to this role:
- 5 years referencing
- DBS check
- Credit check
Treating Customers Fairly
The Team Administrator must have a clear understanding of the concept of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and how Personal Touch seeks to comply with this FCA requirement.
Responsibility, both individually and jointly with the other managers of the Personal Touch Management Group for ensuring that at all times the firm and the network treat their customers fairly (TCF) in accordance with the FCA Principle 6.
The Team Administrator will be responsible to the Credit Control and Solvency Manager for ensuring that any and all processes and procedures within his/her remit complies fully with Personal Touch’s TCF policy.
Anti-Money Laundering, Data Security and Confidentiality
All employees are required to abide by the Personal Touch Groups procedures and standards in relation to anti money laundering, data security and confidentiality and to complete training courses as required.
Three Lines of Defence Model
The Personal Touch Group operates a “three lines of defence” controlled environment as described below:
First line of defence
Second line of defence
Third line of defence
CEO and all business units
Compliance and Risk
Non Executive Directors and
|Senior management has primary responsibility for the day to day management, control and reporting of conduct and operational risk procedures in accordance with the strategies, policies and risk parameters set by the board. This will include, but is not restricted to staff, adviser and supervisor competence, firm and adviser fitness and propriety (including financial wellbeing) and ensuring advisers produce good TCF outcomes and provide suitable advice.||The Risk Management function is responsible for the facilitation of conduct and operational risk identification and assessment, risk mitigation, risk monitoring and reporting.The role of compliance is to: identify relevant compliance requirements and understand the risk involved; translate compliance requirements into policies and procedures; ensure staff have appropriate regulatory knowledge; monitor the effectiveness of policies and report identified conduct and regulatory risks to senior management.
Both functions report to the Compliance and Risk Director.
|Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the design and effectiveness of the overall systems of internal control across the organisation.Internal Audit is independent of the business. The audit function reports directly to the CEO and the Audit Committee.|
Note: The Board supported by Internal Audit and both the Audit and Risk Committees monitor the overall risk profile of the firm, and ensure that adequate financial resources are maintained.
This role is confirmed to be in the first line of defence.
Download a PDF copy of the Digital Marketing Consultant job description