Latest financial services news, mortgage news, investments news, insurance news and more from Personal Touch Financial Services.
Share. Share. Share.
Just click on the Social Media Buttons and share Personal Column with your followers.
Personal Touch News
Santander’s PRA Buy-to-let webinar
11 January at 11:00am
Their wide range of Buy to Let mortgages gives your clients a choice of different products, LTVs and product fees as well as:
- Free standard valuation up to a property value of £2.5m – available on all products.
- Plus either standard legal fees paid (and free checking of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy) or £250 cashback for Buy to Let re-mortgages. Early repayment charges apply.
They will explain how recent service improvements will make it easier for you to do business with them as well as some important lending criteria changes
UK inflation rate at near six-year high
Inflation rose to 3.1% in November, the highest in nearly six years, as the squeeze on households continued.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said that airfares and computer games contributed to the increase.
The most recent data shows that average weekly wages are growing at just 2.2%.
Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of England, will now have to write a letter to Chancellor Philip Hammond explaining how the Bank intends to bring inflation back to its 2% target.
Mr Carney has to write a letter to the chancellor if the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) inflation rate is above 3% or below 1%.
Read the full article here
Source: BBC News 12th December 2017
The article is now available to share on social media:
UK inflation rate at near six-year high http://bbc.in/2BCVy5w
It is all about you
You might have noticed Accord’s picked up an award or two this year. We’re feeling pretty chuffed about that. It’s not that we wanted the trophies – though you couldn’t prise them off us with a crow-bar – it’s all about you.
We started the year with a mission, to win more business from more brokers. We knew we had a lot to change and here are just a few things we’ve delivered:
- Underwriters that you can talk to whenever we’re open – and your case is handled by just one of them from start to finish.
- A common sense approach to criteria – plus we’ve given our underwriters flexibility with our policy for the right cases.
- Increased new business procuration fee (residential) and launched proc fees for transfers (BTL fee coming soon).
- Interest only repayment for new business customers
- Improved affordability and increase in instant AIP accepts.
All this and more means we can help you make more of your clients happy – and that’s gaining us awards and recognition everywhere we turn.
If you’ve not done business with us for a while – or perhaps ever, find out what you’re missing, call our Business Development Advisers for a chat:
0345 1 200 866 – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Or click here for more information
Source: Accord Mortgages Newsletter 4th December 2017
Christmas is a time of reflection and giving thanks
At Virgin Money we want to thank our partners for all their support in 2017 and remind them of the journey we have been on over the last few years.
Here’s a reminder of some of the things we’ve achieved with your help:
- We’ve transformed our underwriting process to underwrite cases upfront, aiming to give you a decision in 24 hours.
- We’ve improved our affordability policy for residential applicants borrowing into retirement. Our affordability improvements mean more customers get the loan amount they need.
- Our commitment to giving customers options means your BTL remortgage clients can do a straight balance swap with us on our old rental calculation, ensuring they can benefit from our latest range of competitive deals.
- Our product transfer service means you can now refer customers back to Virgin Money and receive a procuration fee when you do.
- We love to hear your feedback, so we ask you to rate us after every mortgage completion. All responses are published on our website for you to see.
- Find out more at com or contact your Business Development Manager.
Searching for the perfect gift?
As Christmas fast approaches, don’t forget as a Virgin Money intermediary partner, you can enjoy a range of offers from across the Virgin Group.
Why not pick up a truly memorable gift. With discount on Virgin Experience days, Virgin Wines and Virgin Books there’s sure to be something for everyone. Or beat the January blues with a fantastic deal on a holiday, a one-off pampering day, or start your New Year’s resolutions off early with a health club membership.
There’s an offer waiting for you over at virginmoneyforintermediaries/offers.
Take a break from the Christmas Chaos
Are you hitting the city to stock up on Christmas shopping? Christmas is always a busy time so why not take a break from your Christmas shopping and soak up the festivities in one of the Virgin Money Lounges. We see our Lounges as a haven on the high street. But don’t just take our word for it, check it out for yourself. With Lounges in London, Sheffield, Glasgow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Norwich why not pop in and see what we have to offer.
Find out more at virginmoney.com/lounge or for a list of upcoming festive Lounge events check out http://my.virginmoney.com/events/
All that remains to say is that on behalf of Virgin Money, thank you for all your support over the last 12 months. Wishing you all the best for the festive season and a prosperous New Year.
Source: Virgin Money Newsletter 5th December 2017
Use income to maximise borrowing on buy to let properties
Precise Mortgages have launched Income Supported Buy to Let Mortgages, helping you to provide more options for landlords. If they have received an ICR fail, you may be able to use their income to support a rental shortfall. This could help them get the loan size they need.
Key highlights: Use income to maximise borrowing on buy to let properties
- Ideal for landlords with low rental yield/higher value properties
- Available on any core Buy to Let Mortgage product (including 2 year Fixed rates and Trackers)
- Applicable to non-portfolio landlords who have up to 3 mortgaged buy to let properties*
- Providing the rental income of the property achieves an ICR of 110% calculated at pay rate of the product selected, earned income could be used to meet the shortfall
If you would like to find out more or have a case you would like to discuss contact your local BDM. You can find their details here.
*Unfortunately, they are unable to consider income support on Limited Company, HMO, first time buyer or portfolio landlord applications.
Source: Precise Mortgages Newsletter 7th December 2017
General Insurance News
An early Christmas present from Uinsure
We have an early Christmas present for you… UK General (UKG) will be offering new, very competitive home insurance rates as of today!
We’ve worked hard with UKG, on your behalf, and we’re delighted to confirm that Uinsure will now be cheaper in 26% of all risks.
It’s fantastic news and means that your clients will be paying even less for 5 Star Rated cover.
Remember that the new cheaper rates with UKG will also impact your previous quotes with us – now is the perfect time to revisit your previous and pipeline quotes, as you may find them to be more competitive.
Get in touch below and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have:
0344 844 email@example.com
Source: Uinsure Newsletter December 2017
Hectic lifestyles shouldn’t stop your customers getting protection
Our hectic lifestyles nowadays mean the typical 9-5 is slowly becoming a thing of the past. We catch up on emails day and night, check our bank statements on the train home and eat meals on the go. It seems there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done and those items ticked of that never ending list.
At AIG, they recognise that the time-poor lifestyles of people in today’s society is impacting on many aspects of their life, protection being one. Our early 30’s are generally the time when first homes will be purchased and families start to grow* – fundamentally the most important time in our lives to have suitable protection in place. However, the thought of spending time going through a long application process makes purchasing life cover go to the bottom of the pile.
The realisation however is that we can’t know what the future holds. Starting families and buying homes can be a huge financial commitment, and so making sure loved ones are protected should the worst happen is essential.
Their Instant Life Insurance has been introduced to provide a simple, quick and easy solution so that people can get the instant protection they’re after when choosing their life insurance. Instant Life covers your customers against death or terminal illness while they’re insured. Applications can be completed by you or your customer on a desktop or any mobile device, with the process taking less than 8 minutes from start to finish. They give an immediate decision based on answering a few qualifying questions – no manual underwriting is involved and no medical evidence will be required. If the customer completes the application, they will notify you straight away with the outcome.
The ease and simplicity of Instant will provide you with a quicker, more streamlined process, and in turn, provide your customers with peace-of-mind, knowing that getting suitable cover has been secured in a quick and efficient way.
Instant Life Insurance also includes the following valuable benefits for your customers:
- Best Doctors – access to the award-winning, expert second medical opinion service
- Winston’s Wish – support from the leading UK children’s bereavement charity.
- Funeral Pledge – will pay up to £10,000 of the claim in advance towards the cost of a funeral. This can help with any problematic probate issues that may arise and help the family when they need it most.
- Claims Support Fund – we offer a discretionary fund, up to £300, towards services that can help your customer or their family cope when they’re dealing with a serious illness.
We see Instant Life Insurance taking away the view that finding suitable life cover is a long and drawn out process. By providing a simple, easy and instant solution, it’s helping your customers get closer to the end of that list, and making it easier for you to do business.
If you have any questions at all, just give AIG a call on 0345 600 6829.
Keep up to date with the latest at AIG Life
To find out more, visit www.aiglife.co.uk
Source: AIG Newsletter 5th December 2017
A service tailored to your clients’ needs
We understand the work that goes into getting your clients to accept the need for protection. So when it comes to good service, we make sure we go above and beyond.
Watch our short animation to see what we do to deliver good service
Source: Royal London Newsletter December 2017
Personal Touch LIVE 2018 and our Financial Excellence Awards are now less than five weeks away!
Date: Thursday 18 January 2018
Venue: VOX Centre, Birmingham
If you haven’t registerd yet click here
We’re delighted to bring you a preview of the day’s agenda and the opportunity to secure one of the remaining places available at 2018’s unmissable flagship event.
With just under three weeks until voting closes, don’t forget to cast your votes for our financial excellence awards!
Cast your vote here!
Don’t leave it too late – the cost of last minute Christmas shopping
We’ve only 10 shopping days left before Christmas Day, so anyone still with gifts and goods to buy is running short on time. But there are a few dangers in leaving your final Christmas shopping too late.
Click here to read the full article
Source: The Money Advice Service 12th December 2017
The article is now available to share on social media:
Don’t leave it too late – the cost of last minute Christmas Shopping http://bit.ly/2jSYEb3