YOUR RIGHTS AND MAKING A COMPLAINT
We understand that sometimes people aren’t happy with the way they’ve been treated, or that they expect a higher standard of service.
Our customer resolution team treats every complaint with the utmost importance. We have effective and transparent complaint-handling arrangements in place to ensure that complaints are dealt with reasonably, promptly and fairly.
We hope that you never need to make a complaint, but here’s all of the information you’ll need just in case you do.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the service and / or advice provided by one of our members, please get in touch with the customer resolution team:
- Submit in writing: The customer resolution manager, Personal Touch Financial Services Limited, Trinity 3, Trinity Park, Solihull, B37 7ES
- Submit by phone: 0121 767 1139. Please ask for the complaints co-ordinator who is available Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00. Please note that all calls are recorded.
- Submit by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us investigate your complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Business name, adviser name and any dates you feel are relevant.
- The product / service you’re unhappy with.
- What went wrong.
This will help us to understand your complaint and ensure we deal with it as efficiently as possible.
Upon receipt, we’ll acknowledge your complaint promptly and send you a complaint reference number. If you should contact us please quote this number to help us find your information quickly.
If we’ve not been able to complete our investigation into your complaint and haven’t sent you a final response letter within four weeks of receiving your complaint, we’ll write to you updating you on our progress.
A final response letter will be sent to confirm the outcome of our review.
In the unlikely event that our investigation isn’t completed within eight weeks of receipt of your complaint, we’ll write to you explaining why and letting you know when you can expect to hear from us. We’ll also provide details of how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service if you’re not satisfied with our progress.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If you aren’t satisfied with our decision, you’re entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS. They provide a free and independent assessment of referred complaints.
You may refer the matter to the FOS within six months from the date of the final response letter, notwithstanding any further correspondence exchanged between us.
- Refer in writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR
- Refer by telephone: 0800 023 4567 / 0300 123 9 123
- Refer by e-mail: email@example.com
You can also visit the FOS’s website here.
Better customer outcomes
We conduct root cause analysis. Our aim is to provide better customer outcomes, whilst improving customers’ experiences and the processes within our business.
It’s important that we learn when we’ve made a mistake. Complaints are always considered within the wider business to ensure that they aren’t repeated in the future.